Subject: Re: need help with boot problem
To: Jon Buller <jon@bullers.net>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/31/2002 10:08:06
--8CNmCRe8Sh4keFKJ

On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 01:34:22PM -0800, Jon Buller wrote:

>   0 > boot scsi-int/sd@0:0 /netbsd=20
>   >> NetBSD/macppc OpenFirmware Boot, Revision 1.5
>   >> (chs@pm2.chuq.com, Sat Dec 22 21:38:57 PST 2001)
>   3731292+218516 [187648+156294]=3D0x4186dc
>    start=3D0x100000
>   [ using 344556 bytes of netbsd ELF symbol table ]
>   panic: uvm_page_physload: start >=3D end
>   Stopped in pid 0 () at  cpu_Debugger+0x10:      lwz     r0, r1, 0x14
>   db> continue

Ah, that's different from what I saw. What happened with me was that I was
being dumped right into ddb without the benefit of a panic.

Leaping off onto an even more random tangent, I've found that if I build
a kernel that's larger than GENERIC (e.g., GENERIC plus NETATALK) on my
Sparc, it will fail to boot with an error which I forget right now, but
if I build a smaller kernel, it will load. If no other solution presents
itself to you, you might consider trying to build a smaller kernel to
see if there's anything to that possibility... I haven't tried building
a large kernel on my macppc yet. I'll try that today to see if I can
reproduce what you're seeing that way.

--=20
Mason Loring Bliss          awake ? sleep : random() & 2 ? dream : sleep;
mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us      https://acheron.ne.client2.attbi.com/

--8CNmCRe8Sh4keFKJ

--8CNmCRe8Sh4keFKJ--