Subject: PB G4-Combo and 2001-12 1.5ZA snapshot?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/31/2002 00:48:35
Hi,

I have been less than lucky in installing the 1.5ZA snapshot on a Powerbook
G4/550 combo (512MB / 20GB / airport card).

I provided for an A/UX partition when I set up the disk. In addition, there
is a MacOS 9 installation (two HFS+ partitions), a MacOS X installation (a
HFS+ and a UFS partition), and a small HFS scratch partition where I put
the ofwboot.xcf and the installation kernels.

The netbsd.INSTALL kernel gave me early panics, and booting the GENERIC
kernel also panics early with a missing console error. The
netbsd.GENERIC_MD finally booted up.

What is the difference between "netbsd.GENERIC_MD" and "netbsd.INSTALL"? I
found nothing in the install docs.

The wi driver probed and attached but the airport stuff did not work (wep
key issues?) so I had to make do with ethernet. Alas, sysinst wanted to
wipe the entire disk, so I manually prepared the partition and unpacked the
stuff.

Well, and now a 'boot hd:14,ofwboot.xcf hd:13,/netbsd' quickly loads the
kernel, then clears the screen and gives me two lines at the top that read:

panic: lockmgr: pid0, not exclusive lock holder 1008730184 unlocking
Stopped in pid0 () at    0x2fd774:    lwz    r0, r1, r14,
db>

and that's it. The console is dead.

Has anybody on the list had more success?

	hauke

--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign        "They that can give up essential liberty
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email           to obtain a little temporary safety