Subject: Re: 1.5.3 status
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Donald Lee <donlee_ppc@icompute.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/30/2002 21:52:49
If I may weigh in on priorities.....

I would think that networking and filesystems (MSDOS, ISO) would be top
priority items for the boot floppy, because I would think that the
main reason you'd be booting from floppy is for some sort of
installation.  The network drivers may be pretty important too, if on
a machine like one of my 7500s that has busted on-board ethernet.

Aren't there any "other" devices/functionality
that could be trimmed, like video (think "acceleration") drivers, or
tape drives, or sound, or ??? - things not interesting for installation??

If this is a late thought, already thunk, please ignore me.

-dgl-