Subject: Re: need help with boot problem
To: Jon Buller <jon@bullers.net>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/27/2002 15:48:22
--UlSMH5l3zSLowFdz

On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 11:05:31AM -0800, Jon Buller wrote:

> What I did was to try getting a custom kernel running on the machine.
> After I got the kernel built, I did 'mv /netbsd /onetbsd' and 'cp
> ./netbsd /netbsd'  OK, actually I put them in /stand, and made hard
> links to them.  When I rebooted, I ended up looking at a ddb prompt,

Can you type "continue" and have everything "go" from here? I had this
happen yesterday. (I netboot my machine, but it's possible your problem is
similar.) I was able to "continue" from ddb until I corrected the issue.

The solution for me was to make sure my ofwboot.elf was up to date. I moved
in a newly-built copy, and my iMac thenceforth booted without interruption
or undue complaint.

--=20
Mason Loring Bliss          awake ? sleep : random() & 2 ? dream : sleep;
mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us      https://acheron.ne.client2.attbi.com/

--UlSMH5l3zSLowFdz

--UlSMH5l3zSLowFdz--