Subject: Re: powerbook g4 (almost OT)
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Charlie Allom <charlie@rubberduck.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/27/2002 11:53:47
On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 03:27:22PM +0100, Siegmund Fuhringer wrote:
> hi!
>
> i want to buy a new notebook and have a powerbook g4 in mind.
> now i would like to know if it is well supported from netbsd.

My 2c:

You can't beat OSX _instant_ wake and sleep over, sure, NetBSD that we
all know and love, but from recent reports hasn't quite got this (for
a laptop) necessary functionality quite right yet ..

fink is also good. Omniweb is the best :)

We need a real terminal though, that isn't a) ansi ignorant
(Terminal.app), b) doesn't use OpenGL to display text and costs moolah
(GLterm) and c) runs as a Mac app (ie. not an xterm in XDarwin).

</whinge>
  C.
--
 charlie@rubberduck.com