Subject: Re: powerbook g4
To: NetBSD \(MacPPC\) <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Ryan La Riviere <larz@cbis.ece.drexel.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/26/2002 09:54:15
On 03/26/2002 09:27, "Siegmund Fuhringer" <sifu@isohypse.org> wrote:

> hi!
>
> i want to buy a new notebook and have a powerbook g4 in mind.
> now i would like to know if it is well supported from netbsd.
>
> and i would also like to know if applications like galeon, gnome, usw...
> are running on an powerbook. (currently i've only intel/amd based
> computers)
>

> thanx in advance :) - siegmund
>
> ps: sorry for such a tediously questions, but i dont want to spend xxxx
> EUR only to find out, that i can't use a nice BSD. :)

I thought OS X was a nice BSD.  And I'd wager that the TiBook is probably a
little bit better supported with OS X than netbsd at present.  According to
the netbsd page <http://netbsd.org/Ports/macppc/models.html>, the TiBook can
have netbsd installed on it.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

--

Ryan "My hometown is nowhere, my friends are everywhere." La Riviere

System Administrator; Drexel University
215.895.6010
<http://staff.tdec.drexel.edu/~edljedi/>