Subject: Re: A bit of B&W G3 serendipity
To: None <michael@nosflow.com>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@murphy.dyndns.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/26/2002 06:50:44
On Tuesday, March 26, 2002, at 03:46 AM, Michael Wolfson wrote:

> At 9:18 PM -0600 3/25/02, Bob Nestor wrote:
>
> :)The other thing that "changed" was installing MacOSX along
> :)with all the updates.  Since that last MacOSX update my mouse has
> :)started acting civilized too.
>
> Hmmm.  Did it upgrade your BootROM (what Apple calls "FirmWare", *not*
> "Open Firmware")?  That'd be the most likely candidate (other than an
> nvramrc patch).

I didn't install any BootROM patches but that doesn't mean that some
weren't installed by MacOSX or one of it's updates.  If there were
changes made it may have been nothing more than undoing some of the mess
I probably made of things back when I was trying to get NetBSD installed
for the first time.

-bob