Subject: Re: Shutting a G4 Ti lid kills it?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Rob Latham <rob@terizla.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/22/2002 21:03:00
On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 11:39:03PM -0500, Nathan J. Williams wrote:
> Andrew Cagney <cagney@mac.com> writes:
>
> > Happened again.  The thing that puzzles me is that, I didn't think
> > NetBSD/ppc had any power manangement support.  So yes, I guess kernel
> > mods are needed ...
>
> I suspect we're not properly initializing some of the core99 PMU
> registers for "no power management".

linux implements power management on the tibook perfectly.  Apple has
an old old version of their pmu driver in CVS.  I'm not a
license guy, but maybe those two implementations can help netbsd.

==rob

--
Rob Latham                                        Woodridge, IL USA
EAE8 DE90 85BB 526F 3181                   1FCF 51C4 B6CB 08CC 0897