Subject: Re: help debugging SCSI on (very) old world PPC
To: None <kevdig@rcn.com>
From: paul beard <paulbeard@mac.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/19/2002 15:49:38
Kevin Diggs wrote:

>     How does it behave if you do a show-children from OF?

I have no idea: not sure how I address it from here.

0 > devalias
vci0                /chaos@F0000000
pci1                /bandit@F2000000
pci2                /bandit@F4000000
fd                  /bandit/gc/swim3
kbd                 /bandit/gc/via-cuda/adb/keyboard
ttya                /bandit/gc/escc/ch-a
ttyb                /bandit/gc/escc/ch-b
enet                /bandit/gc/mace
scsi                /bandit/gc/53c94
scsi-int            /bandit/gc/mesh
  ok
0 > dev scsi   ok
0 > words
show-children   set-tid-lun     decode-unit     close
open            dma-sync
dma-map-out     dma-map-in      dma-free        dma-alloc
retry-cmd       error?
db-rem          c94-iooffset    c94-dmaoffset
  ok
0 > show-children
DEFAULT CATCH!, code=FFF00300
  ok

that gets me to scsibus0 device, but I have no idea how to get to
the device itself. I just booted out of OF and the scanner shows
up as ss0 (should be uk0, I think) so it was available.

ss0 at scsibus0 target 2 lun 0: <UMAX, Astra 1200S, V2.7> SCSI2
6/scanner fixed

I have set auto-boot? false in OF so I can always get to it with
no more hassle than rebooting and then running minicom from my
freebsd box. t'would be nice to be able to diddle OF parameters
from a login session.