Subject: help debugging SCSI on (very) old world PPC
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: paul beard <paulbeard@mac.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/18/2002 21:51:17
Hey,

I am trying to work out if I can use SANE on my old PPC 9500, and
seem to be running into some issues. If there is anyone who answer
  some questions about how the external SCSI bus works --
specifically if Apple engineered some idiot-proofing into it that
SANE may not be aware of -- please let me know.

Here's what we're seeing: the external bus (this box has two built
in) sees the scanner and tries to use it, but gets reset during
the scan, and then it's lost until I restart it. There are some
miscommunications between the scanner library (SANE) and the
kernel: where the scanner says it's returning 161 bytes of data,
we only get 160.

A related note from one of the developers who has been looking at
this:

--
Paul Beard
8040 27th Ave NE