Subject: Re: SystemDisk 2.3.1. question
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Blair Stilwell <netbsd@hammock.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/18/2002 08:58:09
Nils Kassube wrote:

> * andy@neu.net <andy@neu.net> [2002-03-17 23:49]:
>

>>I am trying to install netbsd 1.5.2 on a beige minitower powerMac G3 with
>>2.0f1 firmware.  I have done everything exactly according to the
>>documentation, the installation was successful.  The problem I am having
>>

> The easy way: Install a Mac OS 8 (or higher) on the hard disk and
> run SystemDisk from there . Worked fine for me with the same hardware.

Another alternative, if you have a bootable MacOS CD laying around, is
to copy the .smi file to a floppy (or ZIP or whatever) and boot to the
CD.  Then you don't have to actually install an OS.  To boot to CD, hold
down the C button when the computer starts up.  Once booted to CD, you
can run SystemDisk to patch the OpenFirmware by double clicking on the
.smi file and opening the volume it creates.

Blair Stilwel