Subject: Re: Linux ABI compatibility?
To: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/18/2002 11:14:44
> Are there plans to include Linux ABI compatibility in 1.5.3 release, or
> will this be something that will be in 1.6?

It will be in 1.6, because 1.6 will be branched from -current and it is
in -current.

It could have been in 1.5.3 if someone had enough courrage to prepare
the necessary set of patches and asked releng for a pullup. I prefered
working on something else, sorry about it. :o/

Given that we are now very close to 1.5.3 release, I'm afraid that even
if someone wants to do it now, it will be too late (not sure anyway, we
should ask Havard Eidnes <he@netbsd.org> about it). But it's still
possible to prepare the pullup request and have it in the 1.5 branch
after 1.5.3.

Would you like to work on this? Most of the files are in
sys/compat/linux/arch/powerpc, but there are also a few minor patches
done to MI kernel code.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu@netbsd.org