Subject: Re: htdig 3.1.6
To: NetBSD \(MacPPC\) <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Ryan La Riviere <larz@cbis.ece.drexel.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/12/2002 20:27:58
On 03/12/2002 18:03, "Michael G. Schabert" <mikeride@mac.com> wrote:

> At 9:31 AM -0500 3/12/02, Ryan La Riviere wrote:
>> Hey all,
>>
>> I had recently installed htdig 3.1.5 and then the next day my system
>> includes in the daily security report that 3.1.5 has some security
>> vulnerabilities.   I looked and there is 3.1.6 (on the htdig site, not on
>> pkgsrc) that fixes these problems.  I downloaded and tried to compile the
>> source but it comes up with errors.
>>
>> c++ -c  -DDEFAULT_CONFIG_FILE=\"/opt/www/htdig/conf/htdig.conf\" -I../htlib
>> -I../htcommon  -I../db/dist -I../include -g -O2 Database.cc
>> In file included from Database.cc:25:
>> DB2_db.h:49: syntax error before `*'
>> DB2_db.h:51: syntax error before `*'
>> DB2_db.h:52: syntax error before `;'
>> DB2_db.h:58: syntax error before `*'
>> *** Error code 1
>>
>> Does anyone know how to get this to compile?  I figure it's probably some
>> little thing that needs to be changed but this is not exactly my area of
>> expertise.
>
> Hi Ryan,
> The best place to start is by looking through
> /usr/pkgsrc/www/htdig/patches. That will tell you what NetBSD changes
> from the standard distro when it installs it. You may even be able to
> use pkgsrc to install it by overriding the checksum and changing the
> tarfile's name to match the older version.
>
> Hmm, just to test, I was going to do the above stuff, but first I
> wanted to see what /etc/security was b*tching about. So I 'cd
> /usr/pkgsrc/www/htdig' and 'make install'. Hmm, it installed htdig
> 3.1.6. Apparently you just need a newer pkgsrc. You should probably
> set up a cvs cron job to run nightly, since you've got a full-time
> connection.

That's interesting.  I used sup to update my source and there are several
pkgsrc folders that have been updated in addition to htdig.  Seems zlib,
lha, openssh, and a couple others have been updated.  Now if only the curl
pkgsrc would be updated to 7.9.5 (with the same compile settings as the
current one (OpenSSL and ipv6 enabled)).  ;)

I guess I have some compiling ahead of me.

Thanks for pointing out that there are new pkgsrces.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

--

Ryan "My hometown is nowhere, my friends are everywhere." La Riviere

System Administrator; Drexel University
215.895.6010
<http://staff.tdec.drexel.edu/~edljedi/>