Subject: Re: serial ports: how to access?
To: paul beard <paulbeard@mac.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/12/2002 13:05:50
On Mon, 11 Mar 2002, paul beard wrote:

> well, if the below is true, I may end up switching to linuxPPC
> (perhaps I've forgotten just how aggravating that was?). The
> scanner may end up working with SANE and possibly this printer
> will work with something other than the Newton. I haven't yet
> tried it on i386 . . . .
>
> Donald Lee wrote:
>  > I will be surprised if you can get serial to work with a
>  > printer. Has anyone out there done it?  Although serial works OK
>  > as a console, that's about it.

I used my stylewriter 2500 on my printer port w/o problem for a long time,
so I think the serial ports will be fine. I stoped using the printer
because it freaked out when I got it a new ink cartridge, so it doesn't
work anymore. :-(

The issues we used to have with serial ports were really with ppp (or
slip), and should be fine now, both in -current and on the 1.5 branch.

Take care,

Bill