Subject: Re: Installing NetBSD on iBook (600MHz)
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Rob Latham <rob@terizla.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/09/2002 11:54:32
On Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 01:46:46PM +0000, Mark White wrote:

> 1. From the OF prompt, I can get it to load ofwboot.xcf
>    fine, but can't make it load the boot floppy image.  My
>    understanding is something like this should work:
>
>         boot ultra0:5,ofwboot.xcf ultra0:5,boot.fs
>
>    but after the usual '>>' lines, it complains of inability
>    to find the file.  It can boot a regular kernel .gz file
>    OK, although of course it panics without a root.
>
>    How do I make it load the install image?

Makoto Fujiwara had some advice for me ( installing on a g4
powerbook):
"By the way, do you have HFS/HFS+ partition now ?  If so, just put
netbsd.GENERIC_MD.gz and ofwboot.xcf onto Macintosh HD
and
boot hd:,ofwboot.xcf   netbsd.GENERIC_MD.gz"

if you are making an iso, mkisofs needs the "-part" flag (

that's all i can remember rom the install ( it was 4-5 months ago).
hope it helps.

==rob

--
Rob Latham                                        Woodridge, IL USA
EAE8 DE90 85BB 526F 3181                   1FCF 51C4 B6CB 08CC 0897