Subject: Installing NetBSD on iBook (600MHz)
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Mark White <mjw@celos.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/08/2002 13:46:46
A couple of questions about installing on an iBook (dual USB
600MHz version), mostly born out of my mac ignorance, I
expect.  I'm coming from a NetBSD/i386 background.

1. From the OF prompt, I can get it to load ofwboot.xcf
   fine, but can't make it load the boot floppy image.  My
   understanding is something like this should work:

        boot ultra0:5,ofwboot.xcf ultra0:5,boot.fs

   but after the usual '>>' lines, it complains of inability
   to find the file.  It can boot a regular kernel .gz file
   OK, although of course it panics without a root.

   How do I make it load the install image?

2. Rather more generic question: is there any way of
   repartitioning the disk for NetBSD without stomping on
   the OSX bit?  By default, it's all one big happy
   partition; does there exist a method for resizing, or
   should I just take a deep breath and re-install OSX from
   media?

I'm using the 1.5ZA -current snapshot.

Mark <><