Subject: 4400 and booting to install
To: NetBSD \(MacPPC\) <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Ryan La Riviere <larz@cbis.ece.drexel.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/01/2002 18:04:41
I'm still having problems getting OF to recognize anything on the PM 4400.
I've tried DIRing just about everything I can think of to see if it will
show me anything.  The only thing I've been able to do is eject the floppy.
I can't even seem to figure out how to eject the CD drive.  :(

I've tried using the devalias and the full path.

When I do:
0 > devalias
pci1                /bandit@F2000000
fd                  /bandit/ohare/swim3
kbd                 /bandit/ohare/via-cuda/adb/keyboard
mouse               /bandit/ohare/via-cuda/adb/mouse
screen              /bandit/ATY,264VT
ttya                /bandit/ohare/escc/ch-a
ttyb                /bandit/ohare/escc/ch-b
scsi                /bandit/ohare/mesh
scsi-int            /bandit/ohare/mesh
ata                 /bandit/ohare/ata
ata-int             /bandit/ohare/ata
 ok
0 > dev /bandit/ohare/ata  ok
0 > ls
FF839690: /ata-disk@0,0
 ok
0 >

The only difference with mine and what der Mouse had sent me off-line is the
FF839688 with his and FF839690 with mine.

I can however get my zip drive to blink but I get: 0 > dir
/bandit/ohare/mesh/sd@6 DIR method failed.

How should my zip disk be set up?  Format?  Anything special?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as the machine this one is slated to
replace has just died.  :(  Now I really have to get this machine set up.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

--

Ryan "My hometown is nowhere, my friends are everywhere." La Riviere

System Administrator; Drexel University
215.895.6010
<http://staff.tdec.drexel.edu/~edljedi/>