Subject: Lost default partitions
To: PowerPC Mailing <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Polonyi Renaud <s1016476@skynet.be>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/01/2002 16:25:03
Hello,
I'm new to the list and also newbie.
In order to install Linux on my Blue G3 400Mhz + Firewire + Ethernet + Ati rage 128 + Scsi
control. Adaptec AHA-2940 U2B Ultra wide + 9.1 HD Quantum Viking II 9.1 wls
I really don't know anything about mac's and that's why I wanted to install Linux
What I did :    I erase all the partitions (even those beginning with mac* and Appl*)and
the mac partition too (hfs)
Now, I cannot boot from my Mac rescue disk
But my LinuxxPPC cd does start and  I can start the Xterm. But it doesn't see any
partition. Even when I use fdisk in xterm.

I really need help.

I don't have FWB toolkit and you advise is welcome.

Thank you,

POLONYI Renaud

renaud.polonyi@skynet.be