Subject: Re: Installing on a PM4400
To: NetBSD \(MacPPC\) <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Ryan La Riviere <larz@cbis.ece.drexel.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/26/2002 08:45:36
On 02/25/2002 22:20, "Makoto Fujiwara" <makoto@ki.nu> wrote:

> 0> boot fd:0 can't LOAD from this device
> How did you write the boot floppy ?
> You need suntar on MacOS to write. There are other ways to
> do that, but in your case suntar seems to be the best fit.
> When you write by suntar, write the file several times
> ( write the same thing several times. suntar is weak to
> write-confirm).

I used Disk Copy 6.3.3 (as per the INSTALL document) but I can give suntar a
try.

> Ryan> I tried booting from CD.
> Also in this case, how to write is important. There is
> a instruction to use Toast in INSTALL document (By Michael Wolfson).

Yea, I used Toast.

> Ryan> I tried booting from an external ZIP disk.
>
> Ryan> This one is better but still not there.
> 0> boot scsi/sd@5:0, <anything here doesn't seem to matter> unrecognized
> Ryan> Client Program formatstate not valid
>
> In this case, you need installboot utility to make ZIP to boot, unless
> you write boot.fs on that.

I'm not sure on this one.  Could you walk me through on this one, unless the
instructions are in the INSTALL doc and I just missed them?

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

--

Ryan "My hometown is nowhere, my friends are everywhere." La Riviere

System Administrator; Drexel University
215.895.6010
<http://staff.tdec.drexel.edu/~edljedi/>