Subject: Re: PM 7500 Final report
To: Jeff Laughlin <jlaughli@vtc.edu>
From: David A. Gatwood <dgatwood@gatwood.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/21/2002 22:18:33
On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Jeff Laughlin wrote:

> The "DEFAULT CATCH" errors have really irritated me, but I think I've at
> least figured out a work-around. It seems that the errors ONLY occur on a
> warm-boot. Not always, either, but more often then not.

Are you running Mac OS in-between?  9 or 10?  If 9, Mac OS has a tendency
to do weird things sometimes.  It wouldn't surprise me if some of the
hardware was left in a state that annoyed OF.  Shutting the machine down
and powering on immediately should work just as well as leaving it off for
five minutes, though, unless it's doing something to some piece of
hardware that has a little too much capacitance.  :-)

Later,
David

                    Check out my weekly web comic:
                     http://www.techmagazine.org