Subject: Re: latest snapshot on PowerBook (FireWire) panics
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Monroe Williams <monroe@criticalpath.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/21/2002 19:35:23
Michael Wolfson <mw@blobulent.com> wrote:

> At 8:18 AM -0600 1/17/02, Donald Lee wrote:
>
> :)Cool! symbols in the traceback!  I wasn't aware that this was fixed.
>
> Yup, they appear to work.  OTOH, no one replied about my problem with
> AirPort and removable ethernet device drivers.  This ought to be fixed.
> Shall I file a PR?
>
> Has no one else with a recent PowerBook/iBook encountered this problem?

I have, with the 20011221-1.5ZA snapshot.  Symptoms and backtrace are pretty
much identical to your report.

Machine is a PowerBook G3/400 (FireWire) with 768M RAM.  I'll be installing
NetBSD on an MCE expansion bay drive (if I can get that far).

Removing the AirPort card (which takes about 30 seconds) doesn't make the
problem go away.  Nor does dropping the installed memory down to 256M.

-- monroe
Monroe Williams                                  monroe@criticalpath.com