Subject: Re: Booting Beige G3
To: port-macppc <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Blair Stilwell <netbsd@hammock.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/21/2002 16:16:58
Nils Kassube wrote:
 >Er, sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but are you
 >sure the hard disk(s) are connected to the UW card? My NetBSD
 >system is on the (single) internal UW SCSI hard disk attached to the
 >Apple 53c875 Card not on an external drive.

Yes, and I double checked to make sure I am not crazy. =)

I also moved the hard disk to a second G3 that is nearly identical, and
both with and without the SystemDisk patches I had the same results.

Because I had the same results on both computers, I wonder if the
problem is with the open firmware drivers on the SCSI card.  I found an
update for the card's firmware on in Apple's TIL, so I'll try that.

Thanks,

Blair Stilwell