Subject: Re: Booting Beige G3
To: port-macppc <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Blair Stilwell <netbsd@hammock.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/21/2002 14:41:36
Nils Kassube wrote:

> * Blair Stilwell <netbsd@hammock.com> [2002-02-20 16:57]:
>

>>same OF version and hardware is getting booted.  Are you using the Apple
>>53C875 SCSI card?
>>

> I've got a beige Mac G3/300 MT, Open Firmware 2.0f1, with Apple's Ultra
> Wide SCSI Card.
>
> This worked for me:
>
>         boot /pci/Apple53C875Card/sd@0:0

OpenFirmware lists no children under /pci/Apple53C875Card/ on the two
G3's with the Apple UltraWide SCSI card I have here.  Thus when I try
that is gives me an error to the effect of cannot open device.  Instead
the SCSI drives are listed as children of /pci/mac-io/mesh .  When I try
boot /pci/mac-io/mesh/sd@0:0 I get the DEFAULT CATCH! and freeze too.

Is there maybe something in your nvramrc that is giving you access to
SCSI drives through /pci/Apple53C875Card/ ?

Thanks,

Blair Stilwell