Subject: Booting of an internal ZIP drive.. Please help as I am at a loss..
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Doyle <pdoyle@ubiquity.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/21/2002 19:50:34
Hi all.

I am repeating a post I did the other day.. but with a more specific
question.

I have a PowerBook 3400c, with an internal VST ZIP drive.

I have formatted the ZIP100 Disk as an HFS disk, and placed all the
files form the installation down load on it, at the top level [sets,
etc. etc.]

I can boot into the Open Firmware [2.01] using the Disk Setup utility.
Using the same utility I can see that the HD is ata-disk, O:7
and the zip drive is atapi-disk, 0:4  as in the partitions are 7 and 4
respectively.

So in the open firmware prompt, I do the setenv load-base 600000,
real-base F00000, auto-boot? false commands.

Now, this is where I am stuck.  When I do a devalias, I can see the list
for the HD as ata/ata-disk
and the atapi [Which I assume is the ZIP drive] alias.

But what do I do now?

I want to boot from the ZIP drive and install from it.

I don't want to keep MacOS so I am happy for it to be overwritten.

Thanks for any help.

Paul