Subject: Re: SMP and port-macppc?
To: Monroe Williams <monroe@criticalpath.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/21/2002 13:48:46
On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 11:28:20PM -0800, Monroe Williams wrote:
> I just built a kernel with "options MULTIPROCESSOR" and tried booting it on
> a dual G4/450 (Gigabit Ethernet).  It fails _real_ early (just prints out
> the loading sizes and "start=0x100000" and hangs), so I'm guessing the
> pieces aren't in place yet.

Correct.  I've got a good idea what needs to be done and I'm planning on
working on it as soon as I can get a day or two clear...  Good news is
that my g4 is the same as yours, so if it works for me, it's likely to
work for you.  :-)

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD development for Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SuperH, XScale, etc...