Subject: Re: hmmm, how do I make my own working kernel?
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
From: Joseph Sarkes <jsarkes@tiac.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/20/2002 01:20:54

> I won't ask, but I'll put it on my list of things to look into when
> I get a chance.  Up there with supporting the dual CPUs on these G4
> systems...

Well, if you need some testing done... I poked around, and all I saw
was i386 multiprocessor stuff remarked upon, has it been started for
the G4?

Another question re: G4 and macppc in general, is whether there is a
reason that ofwboot.xcf has no ffs support in it, like the i386 boot
program has support built in for multi-filesystem booting. Are there
size constraints? I don't know forth, but it seems reasonable to me
that even if one had to go through open firmware to do it, it should
be possible to read a kernel from a ffs filesystem. (it is of course
possible that I am totally clueless in this matter)

--
Joseph Sarkes		jsarkes@tiac.net