Subject: Re: Booting Beige G3
To: Bill Studenmund , Blair Stilwell <netbsd@hammock.com>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@mac.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/19/2002 17:20:01
At 11:17 AM -0800 2/19/02, Bill Studenmund wrote:
>On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, Blair Stilwell wrote:
>
>  > follows (chroot'ed with /dev/sd0a as /):
>>
>>  /usr/mdec/installboot /boot /usr/mdec/bootxx /dev/rsd0c
>
>I think that's it.

Yes, it would be *immensely* valuable if there were an actual man
page on installboot like there is for the other ports which use an
installboot. As I also use the Alpha port, I remember that that port
had a major change in its installboot system 2 or 3 years ago, so man
pages are pretty significant. Without a man page, the sysinst utility
should have a command to "prepare volume for booting" or something.
That would have helped when sysinst kept barfing on my installation.

Mike
--
Bikers don't *DO* taglines.