Subject: build.sh error
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Joseph Sarkes <jsarkes@tiac.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/18/2002 22:03:33
I am trying to do a build.sh build of the source tree using
a -current source tree and the latest (dec 2001) snapshot of
macppc. There are a number of problems but the one I am stuck
on right now is an error as follows:

nbinstall: unknown user root
*** Error code 1

Stop.

What is needed to resolve this? isn't the build.sh supposed to
be self contained? I do admit that my build environment is a
really weird workaround for not being able to boot the kernel
I want due to errors, and also not able to specify the -a flag
to specify my root filesystem. (other errors that I was hoping
a newer kernel and ofwboot.xcf would fix). Currently I am booting
the netbsd.GENERIC_MD kernel and mounting stuff on /usr and above,
and my desired root filesystem sits on /mnt2 due to not being the
root filesystem on / during startup. There may be a better/easier
way, but I haven't found it yet. I am really tickled pink to have
finally found a combination that even boots. (1GHz G4)

If it would be easier/better to crosscompile from my athlon
system, what is the incantation to build -current and kernels
that I can run on macppc?

TIA

--
Joseph Sarkes		jsarkes@tiac.net