Subject: Re: more questions
To: <>
From: Kevin Diggs <kevdig@rcn.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/18/2002 13:37:55
Hi,

    If this is the same 9500 you have wrote about before and these devices are on
the mesh then it almost does not matter, since the mesh under NetBSD is NOT
synchronous capable at this time (unless that has been recently fixed). You are
not losing performance until you start talking about hanging non LVD devices on an
LVD bus. This will disable Fast-40 for all devices on an LVD bus. The only problem
you could bump into on the mesh is if you have a non-sync device on it and it is
using a large portion of the bus bandwidth that could be more efficiently used by
a faster device (3.3 MB per sec Vs 10 MB per sec).

                    kevin

P.S.:    Funny thing. In its current incantation (sync @ 6.25MHz on external and
async on internal), NetBSD on the 8500/8600/9500/9600 machines are actually faster
on the external bus, with appropriated devices.