Subject: Re: Booting NetBSD on a partition
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Guyot <pguyot@kallisys.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/17/2002 23:54:28
>However, I have some problems to boot it from a CD. I burnt a CD (in
>ISO 9660) with ofwboot.xcf and netbsd.GENERIC.gz, but when I try to
>boot to it with OpenFirmware, I get the CLAIM problem.
>
>What is weird is that I didn't have any problem with the
>installation CD. Any idea?

OK, here are some further details.
If I have load-base set to 600000, I get this CLAIM error 100% of
attempts (whether I restart between attempts or not).

If I have load-base set to 680000 or 700000, ofwboot is loaded
properly and then I have:

no active package2931820+237444[100+106512
and that's all.

Could it be linked with the fact that the ofwboot loader is compiled
for 600000? Could it help to recompile it for say 680000 or 700000?

Let me describe my configuration again: G3 Rev A, OFWBOOT is loaded
from a SCSI burner (same used with installation) and I tried with the
following files: netbsd.GENERIC.gz, the same renamed netbsd.gz, the
same decompressed and named netbsd.
I also tried to tell the loader to load the kernel from the ffs
partition (on an SCSI hard drive) but it says incompatible file type
or format.

Paul
--
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/