Subject: Re: How To...
To: Guy De Lee <GuyMac@pandora.be>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@mac.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/14/2002 13:27:30
At 5:08 PM +0100 2/14/02, Guy De Lee wrote:
>Hello, What do I have to do download netBSD for Mac and where? What
>parts on the FTP server should I download I'd like to burn it on a
>Mountable CD. But I'm not sure what parts or which ISO to download.
>I wanna try it first on a 68k Mac and later on a G3 iMac.
>If you could just lead me the way to the propper files it would be great.

1) If you're going to start on a 68k Mac, then you should probably
start with that list ;-)

2) What 68k Mac will you be using? You will not want to run it on a
Mac with a 68LC040 (the LC being the important part of the
processor...no FPU)

3) ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.5.2/mac68k/INSTALL.html

Also, a very good (but a bit outdated) source of info is:
http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/mac68k/faq/

Hope this helps,
Mike
--