Subject: Re: problem building -current
To: Christian Groessler <cpg@aladdin.de>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/12/2002 15:34:02
On 12 Feb 2002, Christian Groessler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried building -current today, and it aborts when it tries to
> install ofwboot.elf:
>
> install ===> sys/arch/macppc/stand/ofwboot
> STRIP=/usr/local/tools/bin/powerpc--netbsd-strip /usr/local/tools/bin/nbinstall  -c  -r -o root -g wheel -m 444   ofwboot /usr/mdec/ofwboot
> STRIP=/usr/local/tools/bin/powerpc--netbsd-strip /usr/local/tools/bin/nbinstall  -c  -r  -o root  -g wheel  -m 444  ofwboot.elf /usr/mdec/ofwboot.elf
> nbinstall: ofwboot.elf: stat: No such file or directory
> *** Error code 1

> ofwboot.elf doesn't exist, there exists a ofwboot.el1 file which is
> elf file format.
> If I copy the ofwboot.el1 file to ofwboot.elf and try a make install,
> it later aborts, complaining that ofwboot.xcf is missing.

It must exist somewhere, or else make would have made it. The fact you
have an el1 file indicates something worked right.

Oh, don't copy the ofwboot.el1 file to ofwboot.elf as it won't work. It is
an ELF-format precursor for ofwboot.xcf. It's not a functional ELF
program.

Try 'cd sys/arch/macppc/stand/ofwboot; find . -name "ofwboot*"' and you
should see ofwboot, ofwboot.elf, ofwboot.xcf, ofwboot.mrg, and
ofwboot.el1. And others.

I expect what happened is that you have an obj directory and that
some of the files are in it and some aren't.

Take care,

Bill