Subject: Re: Proposal for new Apple Partition types
To: Michael R. Zucca <mrz5149@acm.org>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/08/2002 10:34:40
On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, Michael R. Zucca wrote:

> At 3:07 PM -0500 2/7/02, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
>
> >One thing at a time. I mostly just wanted to play with LFS on the Mac.
> >I real, bona-fide, editable-in-place NetBSD disklabel would be nicest of
> >all, but then the problem is to find a safe place to write it to...
>
> How about another "NetBSD partition info" partition?

Why do we need a NetBSD disklabel? Apple's partitioning scheme can hold
more partitions than any NetBSD port can; 16 is the max we support, while
you can have as many Apple partitions as you want.

All I'm wanting to do is find a place, in the Apple partitions we claim as
ours, to store our info. :-)

Take care,

Bill