Subject: helping out a friend
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: None <charlie.root@pandora.be>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/04/2002 13:27:41
hi all,

i'm hopping in from the port-mac68k list and have some questions:
a friend of mine asked me to install netbsd on his 500MP G4, as he
does'nt have the time to do it himself and since I already am using
some netbsd installs on 3 quadras, he figured i was a candidate of
choice, needless to say, i could'nt refuse ;)
first the facts: G4 500MP, OF v.3, 320 mb ram, 1 disk:40gb HD,
DVD-ram, gigabit ethernet.
no external HDD, no floppy., so we will proceed from an iso cd image
Q1: is it possible to use the dvd-ram to make backups? if yes, howto?
Q2: is the second processor to be supported somewhere in the future?
Q3: is it possible to boot from the dvd-ram altogether? if no,  can i
recover the HFS+ partition that i will be using to install for future
use (as /var for instance) under netbsd?
Q4: the machine comes with a belgian/flemish AZERTY keyboard, wich is
a pest as there are many different AZERTYs out there. anybody a
pointer to a comprehensive howto for these monsters?

thanks for listening and kisses for answering,
karl