Subject: Re: XF4.2.0 snapshot for -current
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Martijn van Buul <martijnb@stack.nl>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/04/2002 10:15:13
Martin J. Laubach wrote:
>   FWIW, I placed a XFree86 4.2.0 snapshot on ftp.netbsd.org
> in /pub/NetBSD/arch/macppc/X-4.2.0-current, for people to play
> with. It works fine with a couple of minor annoyances (see my
> I used before.

Why did you disable the check for the PCI type option, and hardcoded it
to Uninorth? My Grackle-equipped Beige G3 didn't quite like that.

I recompiled the thing for Grackle instead, and I'm very pleased to say
that the on-board ATI Rage 3D Pro of my Beige G3 works like a charm with
it, as long as I disable hardware acceleration (Option "noaccel"). Even
without it, it's still a lot faster than the Xmacppc server, and, more
importantly, does know how to handle 16-bit colour ;)

--
    Martijn van Buul -  Pino@dohd.org - http://www.stack.nl/~martijnb/
	 Geek code: G--  - Visit OuterSpace: mud.stack.nl 3333