Subject: ibook : *painfull* but almost there
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Jean-Baptiste Fargier <philobsd@nerim.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/31/2002 06:37:00
So far i could :

--Install NetBSD on my late2001 ibook with the GENERIC_MD kernel from the
last snapshot.

--Cross compile a kernel 1-5-3_ALPHA (couldn't compile the one from -current
with a host that is 1-5-3_ALPHA) and use it to boot : really nice because it's
the ONLY kernel that would boot ( all kernels available from 1.5.2 to latest
snap. wouldn't except GENERIC_MD ) but still i have *no keyboard recognized* so
each time i want to edit a file i have to boot with GENERIC_MD, mount
/dev/wd0a and use cat or get my conf files by ftp :((

--set up rc.conf to configure the network card and to launch sshd :)

so here are some questions that would really help me to finish that painfull
process :

1/ what is the default password of root , or toor just after the install ?

2/ is there a -current kernel available somewhere with keyboard support for
late2001ibooks ?

3/ is it possible to send options to netbsd.GENERIC_MD.gz so that it would
mount /dev/wd0a as it's root device upon boot ?

I hope i won't stay stuck so close...

Jean-Baptiste