Subject: Late2001 iBook : need kernel
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Jean-Baptiste Fargier <philobsd@nerim.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/29/2002 07:12:34
Hello,

i have (finally...) succeeded in installing NetBSD (latest snapshot) but alas i am unable to boot with any kernel from 1.5.2 to latest snapshot execept netbsd.GENERIC_MD.gz wich doesn't allow me to mount my / partition on boot (does it ?)

if i boot with the latest snapshot provided kernel :
> boot hd:9,ofwboot.xcf hd:14,/netbsd
i get this message from db :

trap  type 200	   at 9fea964
Press a key to panic.
panic :	trap
Stopped in pid0 () at 0x2fd774:	lwz	r0,r1,0x14
db>

with the famous usb-kbd-ihandles to finish with

Is there a kernel somewhere that allow me, like netbsd.GENERIC_MD.gz, to boot and mount my filesystem ? ( provided netbsd.GENERIC.gz in the latest snap. doesn't work)

PS: netbsd.GENERIC_MD was very funny to use with a non-US-Qwerty keyboard :(

Jean-Baptiste

machine : ibook 600MHz combo

§§§