Subject: XFree 4.2 and wscons interaction
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Martin J. Laubach <mjl@cactus.emsi.priv.at>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/27/2002 23:51:40
  The good news is I succeeded in compiling XF 4.2 on macppc
using the patches posted here earlier, and indeed it is a lot
better than the 4.0.1 snapshot. Higher resolutions than 1280x1024
do now work (no more duplicated stuff from further right at
position 1280), the annoying flicker when things change on the
left side is gone too.

  24bbp does not work (on my ATI rage 128), it gets the colors
totally wrong (reddish instead of blue -- the mozilla icon is
really cute that way :).

  Also, I noticed that the keymap is somewhat, er, strange. Both
the left and right Cloverleaf key have keycode 115, the F13-15
keys are not noticed, and, most strange, doing a "wsconsctl -a"
in an xterm will cause no more keystrokes to be delivered to X11.

  Any ideas, patches, hints?

	mjl