Subject: Re: giving up on 9500 video for now
To: paul beard <paulbeard@mac.com>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/25/2002 17:10:32
--PY8tzLeNxmyMVNR3

On Sun, Dec 16, 2001 at 03:20:14PM -0800, paul beard wrote:
> running it headless is probably its default state, so this is not the bes=
t=20
> use of time. Here's where I'm leaving it,  in case anyone sees anything a=
miss:
>=20
> input-device        ttya                ttya
> output-device       pci1/ATY,mach64     ttya
>=20
> using pci1 as an alias for the second PCI bus (the other one's address st=
arts=20
> with F2).=20
> pci1                /bandit@F2000000
>=20
> 0 > " pci1" select-dev ls unselect-dev
> <snippage>
> FF840058: /ATY,mach64@F
>=20
> so I'm being as straightforward as I can be: use the device known as=20
> ATY,mach64 on pci bus 1 (alias /bandit@F2000000) as the output device.=20

I missed the rest of this...

Does this PCI mach64 card work with these settings, or are these the
settings you think should work but don't?

I'd been pretty much ignoring the port-* lists while I finished a
semester, but I've got a virgin 9500 (was donated to a project at
cs.swarthmore.edu by the college... *in its original packaging*), so
if there's a generic 9500 problem, I could give you some
companionship figuring it out/fixing it.

Drop me a line describing the problem (or referencing a good
starting point on mail-index.netbsd.org, if that's easier) and I'll
try to get back to you some time soon.

--=20
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net