Subject: Re: Internet settings NEW
To: Jeff Hergan <jeff@praeclara.com>
From: David A. Gatwood <dgatwood@gatwood.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/22/2002 18:32:27
On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Jeff Hergan wrote:

> > That was quite noble of you. You're a good man.
>
> Thanks, but if it weren't for the same sort of help, I would never have
> figured out to how to run Linux, and then NetBSD.  So I kinda owe
> someone.

Standardd open source karma points apply.

> Well, we got it to work as 192.168.150.2  But now, given what he wants
> to do with the machine we'll have to change that to use DHCP  and go
> from there.  And that's not gonna be easy because as soon as he logs
> into NetBSD and makes the ip change, he's not going to be able to
> communicate with me unless the DHCP thing just works.

Blech.  With people selling nubus ethernet cards for under U.S. $10 apiece
on eBay, having only one card is just not worth it unless his machine
doesn't have another slot.  (I didn't catch which machine it was.)
Definitely worth looking into.

David

                    Check out my weekly web comic:
                     http://www.techmagazine.org