Subject: Internet settings NEW
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Anton Kiland <anton@kiland.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/22/2002 16:38:17
hi!

i have not got the internet to work through the imac, so i wish to do=20
what was the point with this computer at the start:

=95Have the NetBSD computer connect directly to the internet, not =
through=20
any other computer
=95Run a softrouter on the NetBSD computer so my imac and an other=20
portable pc can connect through it to the internet
=95Run an HTTP, MAIL and FTP server on the computer
=95Enable Telnet (or SSH, if someone please would let me know what that =
is)
=95Make another account on the NetBSD computer so I dont have to use the=20=

root account, and i want to learn how to use su(1)

The info you might need is:

internet info (in 'Mac OS language'):

    Using DHCP
    IP Address (to the internet):  Provided by DHCP Server
    Internal IP Address: (doesnt matter, just say some and i'll take it)=20=

192.168.x.x
    Router:  should be obtained from the DHCP server but for the record=20=

its set to 213.67.45.1 (on the imac, obtained from DHCP server)
    DHCP Client ID (optional according to Mac OS X network settings): =20=

u36705702
    Domain Name Servers:  none in Network settings on iMac
    Search Domains:  telia.com
    the Ethernet device is:  mc0

thnx for all the help

/Anton