Subject: Re: Root access
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Anton Kiland <anton@kiland.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/21/2002 14:53:58

>> it boots fine and all that, but i cant get root access....
>>
>> I have tried to do the '# /sbin/mount -u -w' command
>
> The '#' shellprompt is a vague indication that you *do* have root
> access..
> Your machine is running in single user mode, with / mounted read-only,
> which means that you can't write to it.
>
>> and it sais something (dont remember exact words)

this is what i have written and got in return:

  # /sbin/mount -u -w /
   /dev/sd1a: file system not clean (fs_flags=40); please fsck(8)
  # vi /etc/rc.conf
   vi: not found
  # ex /etc/conf
   ex: not found
  # ed /etc/rc.conf
   518
   <anything>
   ?
   <anything>
   ?

there

and, i cant use the 'login' command cuz it answers me with 'not found'
and i cant use 'man <manual>' command cuz it dont know what the command
'man' is and so on...

help please!

/Anton