Subject: OT: VirtualPC for OSX also NetBSD question
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/20/2002 16:48:02
Hello all. I'm considering buying a new Mac G4 titanium notebook because I
like the way they play DVD's and I like OSX pretty well so far. My
question is about VirtualPC. I see that the esteemed Mr. Seebach is
running it because of his picture on the gallery page.

Do I have to buy a Microsoft license when I buy it? What if I want to run
FreeBSD in it or something? What if I don't want to use the version of
Windows they sell it with? I'd rather not pay for a Microsoft license I
don't need...

I assume NetBSD runs OK (natively) on these. Are there any major problems
yet? I'm hoping I could dual boot OSX and NetBSD too.

I apologize if this is all covered by the macppc page. I'm reading it and
I haven't found answers yet.

Andy

acruhl@sdf.lonestar.org