Subject: Re: Umax E100 card
To: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
From: Cookie Monster <cookiethemonster@attbi.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/19/2002 00:30:23
Yes, I am aware that it is a special card. From what I've read, the
little extra connector on the end is what provides access to the ethernet
function of the board. I've heard that you can take it out of the first
slot and put it in any regular pci slot and that it will function as just
a scsi controller. I actually took it out of the first slot because I
tried to install linuxppc on one of the drives a while back and the
kernel would hang after detecting the ethernet chip on the card. I seem
to remember that netbsd had some trouble booting also with it in the
first slot. I don't really care about the ethernet, but I would love to
be able to get this card working with netbsd, so I can switch my netbsd
drive from the slow internal scsi bus to this card and take advantage of
the full speed of the drive.