Subject: thx so far for your help with 603e
To: netbsd <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Zelko Slamaj <z.slamaj@schrack.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/17/2002 09:13:33
Hi list!

Thx so far with helping me.

Yes, I do know, that SCSI ID7 is usually the controller, but somehow (?!?!)
it worked. I could boot the installer. What is also tricky (and nowhere
mentioned in the Howto's), is the fact that you have to say "net" on the
"Boot:" promt..... Took me another hour to detect.... *grrrrr*

Well, ok, so much for the installation problems.

Now I've the next problem, that I can't find my booting device. It's an ibm
disk at ide0, but by now I havven't yet found the correct partition to boot
netbsd. weird, weird. I've tried to set the boot-device to "hd:0,
ide0/disk@0:0, ... /disk@0:... ata0, ataX...., ata/atapi-disk@0........."
blablabla.... But "he" always says that he can't open the device.

Oh, and by the way, all of you who have asked me about my weird old maccie:
It's a clone, Mainboard by Umax, it's an M*Power 603e, Firmware 2.0 (it says
nothing more, even with "dev /openprom .properties").

Oh, by the way, what does it mean with "Warning: clock gained 151 days -
reset and check!"?

I've by now only set up linux on x86-platforms.... this mac-stuff together
with netbsd is quite confusing ?:-/ for me at the moment.....

greetings
zelko
--
"a microsoft certified engineer has no mind, he just has a registry." - by
unknown on the usenet