Subject: Umax E100 card
From: Cookie Monster <cookiethemonster@attbi.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/16/2002 21:07:46
Hello, I have a Umax S900 which is running NetBSD 1.5.1. There is no
other OS on the system right now. I got a Umax E100 card for it a while
back, and have not been able to get it to work with netbsd. The only pci
cards in the system are the stock IMS graphics card and the E100. The
E100 is in the second pci slot from the top, and the IMS is in the 4th
slot. Here is the pertinent dmesg output from the 1.5.1 kernel:

Q Logic ISP1020 (SCSI mass storage, revision 0x02) at pci0 dev 14
function 0 not configured

And here is the output from a 1.5Y generic kernel I tried also:

isp0 at pci0 dev 14 function 0
isp0: interrupting at irq 24
isp0: Ram Checksum Failure

The system has a 180MHz 604e processor and 3 scsi devices total. There
is a HD which netbsd is on, and a CD-ROM, both of which are connected to
the onboard internal scsi bus, and function properly. Then there is a HD
which is connected to the E100 card. And those are all the scsi devices
connected to the system. So my question is, has anyone gotten this card
to work as a scsi adapter? Is there any way to get it working? Any
assistance is appreciated.