Subject: Re: Is the kernel designed to return?
To: Derek Peschel <dpeschel@eskimo.com>
From: Andrew Cagney <cagney@mac.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/14/2002 13:44:48
> Here I'm slightly confused.  A G4 Ti both returns to the prompt (halt)
>> and powers down (halt -p) when so told.  Sounds like some Mac's are
>> having trouble.
>

> Can you actually type at the prompt after returning to it?
> Are you running 1.5, 1.5.1, 1.5.2, -current, or what?

Yes.  1,5,2 userland.  1.5ZA kernel.

(Well to be honest this particular time I didn't see the prompt but I
could feel it.  I forgot to shutdown X separate to shuting down the
machine and that left me with a forth prompt that wasn't visible.
Fortunatly the forth command ``shut-down'' still worked fine :-)

Andrew