Subject: Re: Is the kernel designed to return?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Makoto Fujiwara <makoto@ki.nu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/14/2002 09:48:15
> Here I'm slightly confused.  A G4 Ti both returns to the prompt (halt)
> and powers down (halt -p) when so told.  Sounds like some Mac's are
> having trouble.

Derek> Can you actually type at the prompt after returning to it?
Derek> Are you running 1.5, 1.5.1, 1.5.2, -current, or what?

Honestly speaking, I am not following on this thread but I have a feeling
that
(1) I have NEVER got the situation that I DO NOT have returned to
the OF prompt after reboot, shutdown -h, halt
(say, I always have got returned to OF prompt in such cases).

(2) One exception is that If I set auto-boot? true, I may not have
OF prompt after such situations
(auto-boot? may not be related, kernel = 1.5ZA).

(3) Recently I am having problem returning to it, say
syncing disks ...
(over 10 hours hung)
kernel = 1.5Y, but this is not consistent.

## As a well-known behavior (I believe), we could not boot from OF
## just after such OF-prompt-returned from NetBSD. We need reset-all.
## But I could boot MacOS X, MacOS 9 even such returned situation.

# My experiece of release spans 1.3? -- 1.4 -- 1.5 -- 20011220,
---
Makoto Fujiwara