Subject: Re: Is the kernel designed to return?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/13/2002 02:44:29
--EXKGNeO8l0xGFBjy

On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 06:08:09PM -0800, Derek Peschel wrote:
> Sorry, I guess I misunderstood you.
>=20
> Anyway, the Mac doesn't halt as far as I can tell.

I think that presuming that OF has much of a functional relationship
to Sun's OpenBoot when it comes to important things like this is a
mistake.

It bears some surface resemblence (and some Forth resemblence) to
OpenBoot, but it is definitely NOT the same beast. (Mostly because
Apple--for no particularly good reason I can see beyond the moderate
effort of porting things from (Ultra)Sparc to PowerPC--hamstrung it in
irritating ways.)

--=20
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net