Subject: Re: KDE Install
To: Noel LaPierre <noel_lapierre@yahoo.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/12/2002 19:14:39
On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Noel LaPierre wrote:

> Can anyone point me in the right direction for KDE
> install on macppc port 1.5.2? The package collection
> on ftp.netbsd.org seems to have the required
> precompiled files scattered all over the place
> (different files in 1.5, 1.5.1 subdirectories etc.).
> Is there a better way to install?

I think the idea is that 1) userland code compiled for 1.5 runs just dandy
on 1.5.[12], and 2) there isn't a huge amount of free space on the ftp
server. So for packages which haven't changed in pkgsrc between 1.5 and
1.5.1, we don't add one for 1.5.1.

I think it would be nice though if someone made a set of symlinks (or hard
links) so that you could go to the version you have and see all the
packages for your version, even if they were built for an earlier one.

Take care,

Bill